Old memories and good friends

 I was being held at my sisters house and scolded by my old friend David Thompson for not having achieved my full potential. He was some sort of pastor and religious. He came in to a bedroom to speak to me and  we talked as I lay there. After we were done he said" I think you are all are very lost, depressed and lonely". I was barefoot and when he left the room I noticed a thorn sticking out of the sole of one of my feet. He came back into the room and I pulled it out, It was a feather attached to a shard of glass. Where it had been pulled from left an open wound and there were sharp thorny things emerging. I pulled at it and a palm tree grew full sized right out of my foot. This was some sort of sign or miracle that i was supposed to give to him.The palm tree trunk was chartreuse which was the exact same color of the cigarettes he was smoking and I explained that this meant he was supposed to quit. He went into the other room and smoked. As he came out I told him that I had quit and that it was hard. Somebody else that was there, some other black guy said " its harder than anything." I stroked his skin and consoled him and felt a closeness to him. The tree was now standing on its own and rose from the bed to walk. I went into the other room and went up a short flight of stairs into a kitchen where there were a few people. I felt healthy and attractive as I walked by someones surfer son who had only swim shorts on. I slapped his arm and said hello. He kind of acknowledged me a little but not much really. As I walked into this small kitchen which was separated from a living room by an island, I saw a girl I vaguely recognized talking tearfully about how her brother had died recently and that she felt close to him and as I turned to speak to hear , there in the kitchen staring back at me as plain as real as anything, there stood George looking at me with eyes wide open. I screamed "GEORGE" as he startled me and everyone wondered who the hell I was talking to and then without saying a word he walked at me quickly and creepily his body went right through the island and he started waving his hands at me and into me as if he were trying to haunt me. I cowered and sort of laughed at him saying you can't scare me. Half believing it and half not, and then he disappeared into me and through me. This stirred me from my sleep and I lay in bed for a good 5 minutes with both my hands over my mouth staring into the silent darkness. I looked at the time and it was 4:50am. Then suddenly the fog horns began to blow. I tried to make sense of it all in the darkness and realized I had to shit. I rushed off to the bathroom and let out a sudden burst that was inside me. I think George literally scared the shit out of me and this made him happy.

Comments

Jewels said…
Dana, what a great blog and what a way to record your dreams. Your dreams are fascinating, cathartic-sounding, moving, evolving and incredibly detailed. Kepp on posting.

Popular Posts