Time Travel - 1960s childrens toys

Dreams make sense to me while I am dreaming them. It's somewhat similar to being stoned and having a great idea that I want to write down or remember. When the effect wears off there is a realization that it was not such a brilliant idea, in fact, it was kind of stupid. But therein lies the interest to me. Both states of mind seem to release an ability to free associate, to make connections that I believe lead to great thinking that could lead to solutions to some of the worlds problems, solve psychological mysteries or simply entertain. Reality extinguishes this ability.

These last few nights I have been dreaming like crazy. Complete episodes that last through my entire sleep. Dreams which I can briefly awaken from and then easily reenter as an active participant. A lucid participant. This is where it gets very interesting.

Two nights ago I dreamed I was driving at night through an area in southern California with my old lover. I was the passenger and as I leaned my head on the window watching the landscape and lights go by, I noticed that things began to change, the lights became a different color, the street lights and parking lots, looked different, more blue and not yellow. The color reminded me of something and I felt a strange sense of déjà vu.

The further we drove into the darkness the more things changed. Architecture, streets, telephone lines all seemed out of place and time. We passed a corner that had a yard sale sign and I said, "hey, let's go check this out. Everything here seems like its from the 1960s and it would be cool to see if this yard sale was also included in this time warp. We pulled up to a low slung, nondescript stuccoed apartment building and parked. I recall looking across the landscape to the hills in the background and realizing that I was actually taken to a place out of time. This was really fascinating.

We didn't speak much and walked up to an apartment whose front concrete porch sat under a low fig tree. Under the tree were blankets spread out with toys from the 60s in perfect condition, toys that were very familiar to me but that I had not remembered until this moment. There was this strange Rube Goldberg toy with a marble that made its way through a maze on top of a piece of metal. Almost like the top of an old trash can lid. It reminded me of Mousetrap. Memories began to flood back to me and I recalled the song that went with the T.V. commercial that used to advertise it and began to sing it. The man who was having the yard sale, handsome and about my age wearing a white sleeveless undershirt and shorts, began to sing along with me. We laughed. I looked around some more and the man said, " You can actually have that if you want it." I thought, how cool that I could take this back with me to the future and in such perfect condition. There were other items that I wanted too but they were of no real value in the 60s but would be of value in the time that I had traveled from. He said I could have any of those items for free.

Suddenly it was late and my friend had left with his car. I was stranded. The man offered me a bed for the night but stated that he would be leaving early in the morning to move to his new home where his wife and kids were living. He was finishing things up at this old place. He showed me to my room. It was empty except for a twin sized bed that was already made and waiting to be slept in. I thank him, undressed and climbed in for the night. It was an old spring mattress that bounced when I got in. The sheets were flannel and the blankets were of an old type of fabric I recall as a youth. The blankets had satiny edging and the fuzzy pill of the fabric made a perfect resting spot. The pillow was soft and plush. I fell asleep.

In the morning I awoke to some sounds of coffee being made and turned over. The shower was connected to this room and the shower curtain was open to the bedroom. This man came in and had a towel wrapped around his waist. I watched. He turned the water on and waited a moment, testing the temperature until it was warm enough to get in. He dropped the towel and knew I was watching him. He got in and I felt a sexual pang. He washed himself and kept sliding his backside against the shower curtain so that I could see his body. It was all very innocent and playful but tinged with a strong sexual overtone. He was seducing me. he knew I was watching him and knew that I was in the perfect place to be watching him. He got out of the shower and began to dry himself, bending over to dry his feet I could see between his legs and that he was hard. I awakened.

I reentered this dream lucidly a number of times going over the process again and again, taking time inspect things closely, to see what things were made of, reading text on boxes trying to reestablish the excitement of that last moment and continue. The alarm went off which was the death of the dream and I awakened in my room feeling lonely but gifted.

Comments

Popular Posts